On July 21, I was endorsed by Veterans in Politics, International with these words:
Veterans in Politics, International proudly endorses Dr. Lynn S. Kahn for US Congresswoman District 21 for the Great State of New York. Dr. Kahn is the fabric of America, she is educated, an entrepreneur and dedicated in the spirit of American pride. Dr. Kahn is a great supporter of our military veterans and she knows how important it is to have judicial reform, especially in our Family Court System. We take great pleasure to endorse Dr. Kahn and we hope the voters in New York’s District 21 would unite with us and elect this great American.
Though this endorsement may seem strange, I think it happened for 3 reasons:
1) I have called for the full transformation of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (the VA) including:
- A new mission and new performance measures that will drive the delivery of world-class health services and veterans benefits.
- The transfer of $17 Billion from the military budget to the VA budget to expand access to and quality of veteran medical services and to fully fund the Veterans Choice Program, all peer support and other service programs.
- Tough consulting teams that include veterans, medical experts and financial auditors to go into each of the 100 VA facilities under criminal or internal investigation.
2) I have called for efforts to Transform Family Court citing the abuses and traumas inflicted by horrible foster care and child custody decisions, far too many of which impact our veterans.
3) I have called for a wiser foreign policy that balances military strength and diplomatic wisdom, while never sending America’s sons and daughters to wars that do not have to be fought.
I am honored and humbled by this endorsement and I will work to be worthy of your encouragement.